REMOTE OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Are you a highly-skilled problem solver, organized and capable individual who can anticipate operational needs, Implement systems and follow through on short-and-long-term tasks to ensure things run smoothly? You are the person we are looking for to join our reputable companies.
Our collection of companies is composed of a small team of vendors and contractors; you will work across the entire team and manage backend business operations to ensure deadlines are met, we are compliant and correct as a company and the team’s needs are met. This is a part-time role with room to grow into a full-time management position as you help scale the operational organization across the companies.
We are targeting applicants in Jamaica, The Caribbean, Kenya, Spain, and the USA, but the job is 100% remote and can be completed worldwide.
We represent a group of three companies working across three different industries.
- The Wealth Noir Group manages and operates two digital media brands: Wealth Noir (www.wealthnoir.com) is a financial media and fintech company targeting high-income African-American professionals around wealth building through real estate and Single Black Male (www.singleblackmale.org) is a dating and lifestyle blog giving black women insights into the way men think.
- The Victoriam Consulting Group (www.victoriamconsulting.co): a boutique remote technology consulting firm focusing on product strategy, digital marketing, and IT project management projects for global clients.
- The DTP Real Estate Group manages three investment properties in Maryland, USA. Investments are currently rental properties (single and multi-family residential), with plans to expand to international vacation rentals.
KEY SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A problem solver with a proven track record of being able to work through obstacles and produce results.
- Experience and comfortability working in a 100% remote online environment, working across EST (US Eastern), PDT (US Pacific) and CEST (Central European) timezones
- Excellent English written communication with an eye for grammar, spelling, and prose and the ability to edit others work
- Advanced experience with WordPress, social media management, digital media, and basic image and video editing skills (Canva, Adobe Spark, etc)
- Excellent project management skills with a knack for collaborating across diverse personalities, time zones and projects
- Experience and comfort using online project management systems (Asana, Slack, Trello, etc) and Google Suite of Office Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc) and PowerPoint
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, executive virtual assistant or office operations manager
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Handle incoming requests from team members related to general administrative tasks and human resources issues
- Approve timesheets and manage incoming invoices for contractors
- Conduct basic bookkeeping and categorization of incoming transactions in QuickBooks
- Update and maintain company websites with about us information, press mentions, and other static pages
- Send metrics updates and status reports across businesses and major projects.
- Contact media outlets for podcasting interviews, media coverage, and press opportunities.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in business or related field; Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) a plus
- Proofread, edit and improve company communications, presentations and other materials as needed.
LIST OF COMPANY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Wealth Noir – Financial Media
The following responsibilities are required as a Digital Operations Administrative Assistant:
- Project manager and work with writers and editors to move articles through the editorial process.
- Import and edit articles into WordPress from Google Docs and add images and links to make ready for publication.
- Take meeting notes for key meetings and send updates to participants.
- Use freelancer platforms like Fiverrr, Upwork and 99 Designs to find and manage talent for large projects and initiatives.
- Act as the de-facto project manager for large initiatives within the company.
- Read and prioritize incoming email from several company accounts.
- Act as backup for scheduling social media content across multiple networks using scheduling software.
- Provide support for customers and community members over email and through our forums.
Victoriam Consulting Group – Consulting Firm
The following responsibilities are required as an Operations Administrative Assistant in a Consulting Firm:
- Send invoices to clients for work performed.
- Take raw photos, audio, and video footage and work with contractors to turn them into presentable marketing materials for the firm using vendors when needed.
- Follow up on inbound leads for new consulting projects.
DTP Real Estate Group – Real Estate Investment Group
The following responsibilities are required as a real estate Operational Administrator
- Project manage projects between local property managers, real estate attorneys, and repairmen or tenants.
- Make calls during EST (Eastern Standard Time) to team members and vendors.
- Track and execute against real estate licensing and registration requirements.
- Research new cities and markets for potential investments (training provided, but real estate experience is useful).
Applications will go through a series of steps to apply, including some basic skills tests, interviews, and exercises (paid). This is an important strategic hire and we are investing time to find the right person. Compensation will be a monthly retainer based on skill and number of hours worked.